- You need to copy instance specific configuration file located at /usr/share/doc/httpd/instance.conf to /etc/httpd/conf/newinstance.conf
cp /usr/share/doc/httpd/instance.conf /etc/httpd/conf/newinstance.conf
- Use the Listen option to change the port to run simultaneously with other httpd.service as below:
- This configuration will be the default when running email@example.com
systemctl start firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some changes expected from the default are:
- The default log files names are prefixed with the newinstance name.
- DefaulltRuntime and Pidfile renamed to newinstance.
- conf.modules.d is included but /etc/httpd/conf.d is not included by default.
You can reload instance httpd@.service to reload when httpd.service is reloaded. For instance, logrotate will reload the only httpd.service when logs are rotated. To accomplish this, create a drop-in file for the instance as below: