Find out details about a domain name and check domain availability for free.
If the domain name information you are seeking is not output in response to your WHOIS lookup request, it may not be available, or you may see a remark in the output field which indicates that there may be data available that is not visible to you.
WHOIS is not an acronym, though it may look like one. In fact, it is the system that asks the question, who owns a domain name or an IP address. As per ICANN regulations, you must provide domain registrars with correct contact details when a domain is registered. These details are shown publicly in the WHOIS database, managed by ICANN.
Use our WHOIS domain tool to check if the domain you are searching for is free for registration or has already been registered. If the domain is free, you can register it right now. Else give the best offer to the current domain owner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Type your domain name into the WHOIS lookup tool search field and press enter. An output is generated below the search field that will contain all domain registration information. Following details will be shown.
- Is the domain available for registration?
- Who is the domain registrant?
- What is the contact information?
- When is the registration expiration date?
Copyright enforcers can use WHOIS lookup information to verify domain owners and get contact details of the domain registrants to resolve trademark disputes. Domain buyers can use WHOIS details to know who owns the domain to contact the domain registrar to start the acquisition process.
You can hide your domain name registration information from public display in the WHOIS Lookup database by getting domain privacy services from SeiMaxim. We offer domain privacy services to our customers free of cost. Domain privacy service protects your domain registration details to be used by marketing firms and fraudsters.
Companion for your Domain Name
Still Cannot Find What You are Looking For?
- DNSSEC is available free of cost with all eligible domains.
- You will receive a domain privacy subscription free with every eligible domain registration or transfer. Talk with our expert on Live chat. Due to restrictions imposed by the registry, domain privacy is not available for some TLDs. DNS features mentioned are applicable only if your domain uses the SeiMaxim DNS service.
- ICANN charges a mandatory annual fee of $0.19 for each domain registration, renewal, or transfer. This fee is already added to the listed price, so you will not be charged any additional fees during the payment checkout process.
- We recommend that you set these specific domains to auto-renew at least 13 days before the expiration date. .ORG, .PE, .SG, .COM.SG, .COM.AU, .NET.AU, .ORG.AU, .CH, .ES, .COM.ES, .NOM.ES, .ORG.ES, .FR, .LI, .PE, .COM.PE, .NET.PE.
- If your domain is not renewed or set to auto-renewal at least 12 days before the expiration date, it immediately enters the redemption period. Once in this state, it will not be possible to renew it at the regular price. Read more about renewal requirements.
- We recommend that you set these domains to auto-renew at least 6 days before the expiration date. .EU, .NL. .CX, and .DE.
- If you do not renew your domain at least 5 days before the expiration date, it immediately enters the redemption period. Once in the redemption state, your domain, website, and other related services will stop working, and you may have to $200 or more to activate the domain. So, you must renew your domain before the expiry date.
- Special offers apply to all registrations and may change in the future.